Leather Doctor® Kit-P3.hs, pigmented leather tarnish stain remover kit is specially designed to remove practically most stains that derive from metal including the rusty stain after the protein component of the blood is removed. d’Tarnish-1.3 works by chemical reaction and is left to dwell on a paper towel it until it is naturally dry for the product to take effect. Basifier-8.8 neutralizes the low pH with the same dwelling technique and repeat to let dry naturally as well. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leather and reduces surface tension for an even appearance prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fatliquor-5.0 is applied and let soaked into the leather structure for softness and suppleness when dry. Protector-B+ impart a non-stick buttery-feel to shield against sticky soiling. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach to removing metal derives stains from auto-perforated leathers.
1. Apply d’Tanish-1.3 onto the stain, agitate with horsehair Brush-1 and towel extract until it shows clean.
2. Remaining stubborn deposit is left to dwell 10 to 30 minutes, agitate with horsehair Brush-1 and towel extract until it shows clean.
3. Stubborn stain is left to be soaked with a paper towel until natural dry for the product to react with the stain.
4. When the stain vanished when dry, neutralize with Basifier-8.8 by applying and letting it soak until natural dry.
1. Hydrator-3.3 is applied to soak into the leather to relax stiff and stick together fibers and to wick out suspended foreign contamination.
2. Wrapping the leather with paper towel and wet it out with Hydrator-3.3 is an advance technique to let the leather soak up the hydrator.
3. The paper towel is left on the leather to dry naturally; this technique allows the wick soiling particulates to be trapped by the paper towel instead of
remaining on the leather surface.
Fat and Oil Replenishing
1. Fatliquor-5.0 is applied and distributed with a foam brush until the leather is saturated.
2. Continuous second or third application is repeated each round the water contents evaporates until saturation.
3. Leave the leather natural drying for extra softness.
1. Protector-B+ is applied by mist spray and spread with paper towel.
2. For routine application, a paper towel is recommended to extract soiling simultaneously.
Kit Content and Product Description:
Leather Doctor® d’Tarnish-1.3 (30ml)
This is a waterbased pH 1.3 leather tarnish remover. It is for removing metallic stains like rust and tarnish.
Leather Doctor® Basifier-8.8 (250ml)
This is a waterbased pH 8.8 mild leather basifier. It is to neutralize strong acidic exposure especially after d’Tarnish-1.3.
Leather Doctor® Hydrator-3.3 (250ml)
This is a waterbased pH 3.3 leather-safe hydrator with active surfactantcy for lowering the interfacial tension. It is for hydrating dried, stiffed or shrunk leathers to separates the crushed, stick together fibrils and relaxes them. It is for charging the leather protein fibers below its iso-electric point positive for long lasting hydrogen bond with the ionic negative charged Fatliquor-5.0. It is for facilitating colloidal water movement within the leather structure during the wicking process to move soiling particulates to the surface.
Leather Doctor® Fatliquor-5.0 (250ml)
This is a pH 5.0 anionic charged micro emulsion fatliquor to rejuvenate leather with softness, suppleness and strength. It penetrates and lubricates the leather fibers so that after drying they will be capable of sliding over one another smoothly. It softens the leather with stretchability, compressibility and flexibility, while enhancing its rip tensile strength greatly. It relaxes coarse breaks, creases and wrinkles enhance suppleness and prevent cracking. It helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance and prevent premature ageing.
Leather Doctor® Protector-B+ (120ml)
This is a leather scented, non-film forming, non-stick, rub-resistant protector that impart a natural buttery-feel. Its non-stick breathable barrier is essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling. Its natural buttery-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion. It reduces friction squeaks that wear the finishes when one slides in and out of auto seats.
Leather Brush-1 (1pc)
This horsehair detailing brush is designed ergonomically to be an extension of our hand with a sturdy grooved grip. It is designed to produce effective result easily and efficiently. It is recommended for all smooth leather for a soft and scratch-free cleaning. Its length is 7 inches with a three-row bristle 1½ inches cleaning head.
Paper Towel Rags (5 pcs)
This rag works like cloth, lint free, highly absorbent and washable. General application is for extracting suspended soiling or for spreading hydrator, fatliquor or protector. It is used for both dye and topcoat padding for smooth leathers.
3 inch Poly-Brush (2 pcs)This is a dense foam that resists tearing and shredding and carries more material. It has a solid wood handle that allows greater control for quality results. It is used for controlling and spreading fatliquor for a more even distribution.