Vachetta Leather Blood Stain Remover - Kit-V5.bs by Leather Doctor. Kit-V5.bs is formulated to remove coagulating and rusty bloodstains from unfinished leathers like vachetta, saddlery and veg-tan leathers. Old bloodstains do coagulates and dried bloodstains may range from tan to dark brown with an outer ring. Dried deposits should be gently brushed, thereafter LeatherProteincleaner-9.9 is applied with gentle agitation until it starts to dissolve and run. LeatherAcidifier-2.0 is use to neutralize and rinse remaining residue. LeatherTarnishCleaner-1.3 is left to work on the rusty trace of the stain until naturally dry. LeatherBasifier-8.8 is recommended to pH balance the low pH value from 1.3 to 3 - 5. When the stain is gone, LeatherHydrator-3.3 follows to relax stiff leathers and remove surface tension for an even appearance. Fat and oil is replenished with LeatherFatliquor-5.0 to rejuvenate the leather for softness and suppleness when dry. Any discoloration is even out with VachettaBrowningRemover-2.8. LeatherProtector-D imparts a rub resistant draggy-feel against friction rubs and shield against sticky soiling while prolonging the appearance of the leather longer. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value for a safer bloodstain removing process to pH sensitive leather. This kit comes with reduced shipping weight in concentrates thus all the 250ml spray bottles have to be mixcut and filled with distilled water prior to use.
1. Apply LeatherProteinCleaner-9.9 to the stain and agitate with a horsehair Brush-1 until the stain starts to run.
2. Towel extract the stain as it is released with continuously applying solution, agitation and towel extraction until it shows clean.
3. Apply LeatherAcidifier-2.0 to rinse and neutralize the alkaline solution until squeaky-clean.
4. Leave the leather to dry for an inspection.
Residual Rusty Stain Removal
1. Rusty residue is further removed by LeatherTarnishcleaner-1.3 with horsehair Brush-1 agitation and towel extract until it shows clean.
2. The remaining stain is left to naturally dry for redox (oxidation-reduction) to take place lightening up the residual stain.
1. Unwanted blotching lightening effect is balanced up with VachettaBrowningRemover-2.8 by applying on the entire panel and feather out to lighten up to a lighter appearance.
1. LeatherHydrator-3.3 is applied to hydrate the leather structure preparing the surface for an even appearance prior to fat and oil replenishing.
Fat and Oil Replenishing
1. Apply LeatherFatliquor-5.0 and redistribute evenly with foam brush until fully saturated.
2. Repeat reapplication when water content evaporates until fully saturated.
3. Let natural dry for extra softness and wick up soiling particulates is brushed when crispy dry.
4. Surface sticky fatliquor residue is wipe off with LeatherHydrator-3.3.
1. Mist sprays LeatherScentedProtector-D+ foam brush or paper towel redistribute it and is ready for use when dry.
2. For routine application, it is practical to towel extract soiling simultaneously.
Kit Content and Product Description:
Leather Doctor® LeatherProteinCleaner-9.9 (250ml)
This is a waterbased pH 10 leather protein stain remover. It is for removing blood, body-discharge, milk, cream, ice-cream, egg, meat juices, vomit, perspiration, urine and other protein based stains. In addition, any staining that comes from a living animal or person will probably need this product in the removing process.
Leather Doctor® LeatherAcidifier-2.0 (250ml)
This is a waterbased pH 2.0 leather acidifier to pH balance alkaline overexposure and returning the leather to a healthy squeaky-feel. It is to strengthen the ionic bond between the tanning agent and the leather protein fiber from denaturing and reverting to rawhide.
Leather Doctor® LeatherBasifier-8.8 (250ml)
This is a water-based pH 8.8 mild leather basifier formulated to neutralize strong acidic exposure, especially after LeatherTarnishCleaneer-1.3. This universal basifier is for all leather types including pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck, suede, hair-on-hide, and wool-skin leather types.
Leather Doctor® LeatherTarnishCleaner-1.3 (30ml)
This is a waterbased pH 1.3 leather tarnish remover. It is for removing metallic stains like rust and tarnish.
Leather Doctor® VachettaBrowningRemover-2.8 (120ml)
VachettaBrowningRemover-2.8 is a specialty leather cleaner formulated especially for unfinished veg-tan leathers popularly known as Vachetta. This is a water-based pH 2.8 remover that is particularly effective in emulsifying oily and greasy soiling, lightening suntan, tarnish and water staining effect by reduction-oxidation (redox) reaction.
Leather Doctor® LeatherHydrator-3.3 (250ml)
This is a waterbased pH 3.3 leather-safe hydrator with active surfactantcy for lowering the interfacial tension. It is for hydrating dried, stiffed or shrunk leathers to separates the crushed, stick together fibrils and relaxes them. It is for charging the leather protein fibers below its iso-electric point positive for long lasting hydrogen bond with the ionic negative charged LeatherFatliquor-5.0. It is for facilitating colloidal water movement within the leather structure during the wicking process to move soiling particulates to the surface.
Leather Doctor® LeatherFatliquor-5.0 (250ml)
This is a pH 5.0 anionic charged micro emulsion fatliquor to season and rejuvenate leather with softness, suppleness and strength. It is for replenishing original fat and oil that diminishes thru sun-tanning, ageing, heat and alkaline exposure or cleaning. It penetrates and lubricates the leather fibers so that after drying they will be capable of sliding over one another smoothly. It softens the leather with stretchability, compressibility and flexibility, while enhancing its rip tensile strength greatly. It relaxes coarse breaks, creases and wrinkles enhance suppleness and prevent cracking. It helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance and prevent premature ageing.
Leather Doctor® LeatherProtector-D (120ml)
This is a non-film forming, non-stick rub-resistant protector that enhances a draggy-feel. It imparts a non-stick breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling. Its natural draggy-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion. It is used as a scuff repairer, filling and concealing surface scuffs to improve appearance. The drag produces an unforgettable familiar sound sweet to the ears when leather is rubbed.
This horsehair detailing brush is designed ergonomically to be an extension of our hand with a sturdy grooved grip. It is designed to produce effective result easily and efficiently. It is recommended for all smooth leather for a soft and scratch-free cleaning. Its length is 7 inches with a three-row bristle 1½ inches cleaning head.
Towel-5 (5 pcs)
This rag works like cloth, lint free, highly absorbent and washable. General application is for extracting suspended soiling or for spreading hydrator, fatliquor or protector. It is used for both dye and topcoat padding for smooth leathers.
PolyBrush-3 (1 pcs)
This is a dense foam that resists tearing and shredding and carries more material. It has a solid wood handle that a lows greater control for quality results. It is used for controlling and spreading fatliquor for a more even distribution.